Summer is coming to an end, but it is not too late for a cold treat. I mean the temperatures are still generally above 90 degrees, aren't they?
Cooler temps this week may have you wondering if the #CLTheatwave could finally be coming to an end. We’re cautiously optimistic but still not convinced that Summer will relinquish her sweaty grip on our city until after Fall’s official debut on September 23rd. In the event that your giddiness proves premature, here’s a simple recipe that is keeping us cool in the meantime.
Homemade Coffee Ice Cream (Without an Ice Cream Maker)
2-3 tablespoons of finely ground coffee
Half a can of sweetened condensed milk
2.5 cups of whipping cream
2 tablespoons of water
1) Mix the coffee grounds and water in a cup until completely dissolved.
2) Add the condensed milk to the coffee and mix well.
3) In a larger bowl, add the condensed milk and coffee mixture to the whipping cream.
4) Whisk until the mixture is creamy.
5) Transfer to an air-tight container and freeze for 3-4 hours.
Obviously we think this recipe would be best with Enderly Coffee grounds, but we’ll let you make that call! ;)
Stay cool, friends!
Written by: Ashley Sullivan